i.Mage is a small and fast graphics editor slanted towards quite and easy pixel editing, ala DPaint from the DOS/Amiga days. Instead of being a bloated behemoth with a zillion plugins it starts in under a second and it does a lot of the mundane jobs of image editing quickly and without fuss. The right tool for simple jobs.
Source code is available under the LGPL. If you don’t see links in the download section I can provide then on request. I’m usually hacking on code rather than keeping every last i dotted and t crossed. If you don’t see a feature you want your welcome to add it to the code and send me a diff.
- Load/Save: Gif, Tiff, Jpg, Pcx, Bmp, Ico.
- 2 pane view, zoomed and 1:1.
- Downsampling/upsampling bit-depth, dithering, halftone, error diffusion.
- Resampling (smart resizing), cropping, rotating, offseting and flipping images.
- 8-bit palette editor: RGB/HLS ramps, colour cubes/stock palettes, reverse ramps, remapping.
- Clipboard support.
- Alpha blending.
- Basic linear/radial gradient fill.
- Undo que for most tools.
- Conversion of image to C/C++ code.
- Transparency support.
- Invert image.
- Convert to grayscale.
- Brightness/contrast adjust.
- Save/load/flip/rotate the current brush.
- Flood fill.
- Basic drawing primitives.
- Polyline editor.
- Text tool.
- Simple scripting language.
- Basic colour management via Little CMS, does RGB<->RGB on load/save to the internal colour space (sRGB), allows viewing of colour profile details.
- Known bugs.