A basic photo editor that lets you fix and enhance photos. It has a lot of interesting features such as support for animated gifs, a splitter which divides a photo up into several pieces and attaching multiple photos vertically or horizontally to create one final photo.
- Viewer: View photos in your folder, create a slideshow
- Editor: resizing, brightness and color adjustment, white balance, backlight correction, frames, balloons, mosaic mode, adding text, drawing pictures, cropping, filters, red eye removal, blooming, paint brush, clone stamp, effect brush
- Batch editor: Batch edit multiple photos
- Page: Merge multiple photos on the page frame to create one final photo
- Combine: Attach multiple photos vertically or horizontally to create one final photo
- Animated GIF: Use multiple photos to create a final animated photo
- Print: Print portrait shots, carte de visites(CDV), passport photos
- Splitter: Slice a photo into several pieces
- Screen Capture: Capture your screenshot and save it
- Color Picker: Zoom in on images, search and pick a color
- Rename: Change photo file names in batch mode
- Raw Converter: Convert RAW to JPG
- Paper Print: Print lined, graph, music and calendar paper
- Face Search: Find similar faces on the Internet
The SLR Camera Simulator is probably the best online camera simulator of them all. It is an essential bookmark if you are a photography rookie. You can start of from the The SLR camera explained section which is a cool interactive display of how a DSLR works. It is a step-by-step walkthrough of what aperture, shutter speeds, and ISO settings are all about. It takes just about 2 minutes to learn.
The DSLR Camera Simulator is a virtual camera where you can twiddle around with the different settings and combos. Click the blue “i” (the help mode) to learn about the camera controls. In photography, everything starts with the light. So, keeping that at different points, you can tweak the other controls to click the “perfect” photo of the little girl. You can also check the tripod option to see how it enhances photos (and whether you should invest in one).
With Picozu, you are able to use brushes, filters, layers, action history, curves, textures, rendering and much more. All you need to do is sign up for an account and start editing.
Using the service is easy. In addition, the fact that it is free makes it great. Once you have signed up for an account, you can start either painting a picture or retouching one. Consider Picozu like the Photoshop of the Internet, just free and more suited for a browser.
Once you open an image, you can apply filters to the image ranging from simple blurs to applying effects such as vintage and posterize.
- Easy to use.
- No need to install third-party addons or software to use.
- Painting and photo re-touching both possible straight from browser window.
XnView is one of the most powerful photo viewers out there and probably the thing that attracts so many users is its freeware license.
But what’s more important is that XnView has so many features that it can easily challenge all the other tools in the same software category, regardless of their names and developer.
The interface is absolutely amazing, as it’s highly-customizable and impressively easy to use. Although it might be a bit overwhelming at the first glance, XnView lets you modify most of the things about its interface, including toolbars and buttons.
But the greatest thing does not reside in its interface, but under the hood. Right click any picture you want and a whole new dimension opens its doors. The context menu allows you to start a batch conversion or renaming, send the photo by email, move or copy it to a certain folder, tag and rate it, set it as wallpaper and many, many other things.
What we found really impressive during our test was the quick conversion feature that lets you right click a photo and convert it into JPEG, TIFF, BMP and PNG formats in a second. Of course, the batch processes work like a charm every time and it’s all about configuration this time. Just make the settings you want, pick the photos you want to work it and let the app do its magic. All things considered, XnView is definitely one of the best tools of its kind, so if you’re looking for a freeware photo viewer and converter, this one should be one of your top picks.
Image Comparer™ is a duplicate photo finder for any photo collector. Once installed on your computer, the program lets you find duplicate photos, or photos with varying degree of similarity automatically. Just select the folder to scan and begin the search. Using its innovative content-based photo comparison technology, Image Comparer™ will analyze every photo in the selected folder and find exact or close matches by actual photo content. When you get the results, simply put a tick in the checkboxes next to the unwanted files and delete them all with a single click. That’s it. There is no need for you to browse through folders and remember what you saw. Image Comparer™ puts the whole process on auto-pilot, so you do not have to bother your head or busy your hands. As an added benefit, Image Comparer™ offers a built-in photo viewer to make sure you delete what you really want.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Windows.
- Detects duplicate images on your computer.
- Mentions percentage of similarity between images.
- Lets you remove duplicates.